Pages

11.06.2012

What was your college major?

The Times posted last Friday an interesting article about the changing face of college majors.  With college tuition higher than ever and employment post-college increasingly dim, are college students under more pressure to choose the "right" major?


While there's a lot of talk about the highest-paying majors and the ones most likely to land students a job right out of school, there's no magic formula - I was a women's studies major who ended up with a corporate office job right out of school, and my closest friends ranged from environmental studies to business.

What was (/is) your college major?  Would you recommend it to current college students?

1 comment:

  1. I was a psychology major, and since I am still not sure exactly what I want to do, I think it was a great decision. No matter what, I'll have to know how to work with people.

    ReplyDelete