Pages

1.25.2012

Study Jams

Lately, my days have been full of scientific article searching and reading, data entry and analysis, and class preparations.  To get through the monotony of the tasks and keep statistics exciting, I've been relying on great tunes to carry me through.  Some of my favorites...


The 8tracks playlist "Late Night Essaying."  It's full of mellow yet interesting tunes, featuring The Kooks, The Cure, Foals, and a few upbeat covers.



"Southern Nostalgia" is another 8tracks win.  You'll hear Ellie Goulding, Kings of Leon, and Washed Out.  It's a nice mix of folk and rougher rock to get you through a late night study session.



Feist's new album Metals is slightly more pop than her earlier tunes, but is serene and addictive.  I can listen to this on loop without even realizing it's my fourth time through the album...



Lastly, one jam that I've been obsessing over this week.  Macklemore & Ryan Lewis covering "Fake Empire" from The National.  It's great! And interesting! Give it a try, let me know how it goes.

Hopefully this will make your Wednesday a bit more pleasant.  Happy listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment