Pages

1.12.2012

What To Wear: Chic & Simple Workwear

~~~
So, I'm in that mid-winter lull. I look at my closet, and I see blah everywhere. My creativity went out the window with the sun, apparently.

Here's some super-chic looks I came across that make me want to run my butt into an office building asap (must wait till September...) and show off.

~~~
Tone-on-tone: This neutral color blocking looks so chic and intentional, especially with the hint of snakeskin print on the pumps. Clean-cut classic styles that will remain staples across seasons and years. This look would also work great in tones of blues, reds, and cream/white. 
~~~
Have a basic shift dress? What about a turtleneck or waist belt? I love this look because it's so easy to throw together, but it's such a great way to reconfigure your basics and have a go-to chic look for dark midwinter mornings. The key here is combining color. Again, this is a use of a neutral palate with coordinating colors and a little pop of red on the belt.
~~~
My favorite! A black pencil skirt, a white cami, and an ASOS two-toned blazer that makes my heart flutter. And check out those black tip pumps (not unlike my fav Christmas present) and patent black clutch. Easy way to take this look for happy hour.  Or swap out the skirt for skinny jeans and you're off to dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment