Pages

4.24.2012

On vintage

Do you thrift or vintage shop?  I spent a lot of time this weekend at some of my favorite vintage stores in Ann Arbor (only 1 week left here...).  I found some amazing pieces, including this 1930s gown that I was way to close to taking home with me.

Vintage shopping can be tricky though - often times the proportions are wrong, and sizes are so different now than they were in past decades.  I saw the dress below in a store window a few days ago and couldn't get it out of my mind.  So when I went to try it on, it turned out to be at least 3 sizes too big.  But I couldn't pass it up - so I got it as a "project" dress.  I have to get it restructured, but I think it will be worth it.


I'm considering it my graduation present to myself.  (Yes, that is my graduation gown hanging behind the floral dress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment