Pages

8.14.2012

Project Apartment: Gettin' Artsy

 ~~~

As I start to think about outfitting my Chicago flat, I've been envisioning lots and lots of fun wall hangings.  No, not tapestries and posters like in college, but some fun art pieces instead.  I love the idea of hanging a bunch of framed pictures, a few prints from etsy or 20x200, all pulled together with some pieces I am planning to make myself.  Here are some of my favorite sources of my inspiration!


This print of a polaroid is understated and lovely.  I love the retro feel, paired with the black and white tones.


Travel inspiration always makes for great wall art.  This vintage map was actually a tourist map depicting all the new tourist traps in Paris in 1900! 


A new take on maps, this beautiful print depicts Istanbul in a way that draws to mind the chaos and business of the city.  A fun way for SLR to remember our recent trip abroad!


I am in love with these bicycles! The color and spunk of the drawings are too fun.  
How about some words of wisdom? I think this print gives just the right inspiration to live simply and happily. 


And of course, there needs to be some Fleetwood Mac somewhere in here.  Loving this Etsy print featuring lyrics from SLR's favorite band.


Have you found any art pieces lately that you are loving? We can't wait to create some of our own! More on that to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment